viernes, 4 de enero de 2008

An artistic endeavor for social action in Central America

I arrived in Xela, Guatemala (also known as Quezaltzañtenango)last night after a 19 hour journey. I rode by car during the wee hours of the morning, plane as the sun breeched the horizon, and a noisy bus along dusty roads surrounded by beautiful people, a setting sun, and towering volcanoes. I am finally back in Guatemala to commence my next Central American adventure.
For those of you who do not know, for the next 11 months I will be working for an organization called Artcorp. They work with NGOs (non-governmental organizations) using art as a tool for social action. After my training in Antigua, I will head to my NGO, FUNDAMHER, in El Transito, El Salvador.
For now though, I am in Xela, beginning a 2 week stretch at a language school que se llama Casa Xelaxu.

No hay comentarios: